Wednesday, 2 July 2014

"For the first time in forever"

dress: Monsoon
clutch: birthday present from G
watch: Rotary, Argos, birthday present from Dad
heels: Hush Puppies


So this time I'm going to prom. I've had the greatest time with the friends I've met at the school I've attended these past two years - I just came back from holiday with them and it was a riot! - so I want to spend as much time with them as possible before we scatter for uni.

It's not a full-length ball gown affair, which is unfortunate because I have a lovely dark red thing I would have worn, so I'm having trouble finding something to wear. I don't want to buy anything new because I have way too many clothes as it is, and while I have piles of casual dresses, I don't have any cocktail dresses, which is what people are supposed to wear to this prom.

So will this dress do, I wonder? I love it even though it's quite granny, but I think it's the most appropriate dress I own so I'm going to go with it. Meanwhile I'll have to learn how to do hair and make-up. I think I'll be watching a lot of Youtube tutorials this week.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful dress :) I always find it hard to get the balance between too casual and too dressy, half the time I can't find the effort to go to formal functions. But seeing your friends before uni is definitely a worthwhile cause to get dressed up and get your dance on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I would wear the dark red dress thing, I'd rather dress up more to a prom. I really like that dress but its nothing special for me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...