Saturday, 8 February 2014

"Forcing laughter, faking smiles"

Shirt: mum's wardrobe
Belt: TK Maxx
Skirt: Uniqlo
Tights: Tesco
Socks: Primark
Boots: Rockport, TK Maxx 

I purchased what has become my favourite skirt in London when I went to see Wicked, and while I thought it was expensive when I bought it, I don't regret it at all. A lot of the skirts sold in hip young high street shops like New Look, River Island and Topshop are, in my opinion, unwearably short, so to find a skirt that's high-waisted and a decent length was a rare thing.

Today I found a cute qipao by Dorothy Perkins in PDSA for £7, and have realised that the new swag I want to show you is really building up. Because it's winter it's quite difficult to come across days when the light's good enough for photos but I'll get round to everything eventually.

I'm trying to ration myself to one episode of Silent Witness series 16 per week, but it is so, so hard. I wasn't cut out to resist such temptations, you know. Instead I'm off to read a book, which is better for me anyway. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a cute skirt! Great purchase and that color of red on you looks fabulous! Sometimes we just gotta splurge but if you use it enough it makes it totally worth it!

    -Minda
    http://northwestdressed.blogspot.com/
    http://northwestdressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, it really suits you! The colour is stunning and I love the belt xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt - you're right, that length is so hard to find! Classic colour too. And that paisley (?) shirt is fabulous too - sometimes mums' wardrobes have all the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...