Sunday, 26 January 2014

"There's nothing to grasp so I let go"

Hat: Collection 18, TK Maxx
Coat: Quiksilver, TK Maxx 
Choker: DIY
Necklace: Clothes Show Live
Top: Primark
Cardigan: H&M
Tights: Tesco
Socks: Topshop
Boots: Safiya

Though you've never seen it, I actually wear this red tartan coat every day in winter. It was from TK Maxx for something ridiculous like £25 -  crazy cheap for a thick winter coat like this. Not only do I love the tartan, but it also has a hood, which is incredibly useful for when it's raining a bit, or when it's so cold that my ears feel like they're burning. It's not often I come across a hood that's big enough for my enormous head, you know.

What do you think of wearing this hat with the coat? They are both red, but I feel like wearing a hat with a hooded coat is somehow not allowed. Like I've said before, I am not a natural-born hat person so I know nothing of hats. Hmm.

8 comments:

  1. I always wear my hat and hooded coat!. I've been sporting the same green tartan coat for a few years now and really need a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this one for a couple of years and because of the colours, it goes with literally everything. It's awesome.

      Delete
  2. I love this! The colours are gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cardigan.

    I don't think wearing a red hat with a red coat is necessarily a faux pas, but rather, it makes the outfit top heavy. A way to combat that is to balance it out at the bottom with red socks or a red accessory.


    http://www.katielikeme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your opinion! I have lots of red socks but none of them are quite the right shade, heehee. I'll keep an eye out though.

      Delete
  4. I love that thick cardigan you're wearing - I feel like I can never fit those under a coat and always just end up wearing a thin hoodie for warmth :P and the sure fire way to get rid of cold ears is to get some earmuffs! I wear mine all the time and I've never been warmer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah earmuffs, that's a great idea! I think I'll struggle to find some that fit my head properly, but I really love the look of earmuffs.
      I think it's always good to have a winter coat which is big enough to fit chunky knits underneath it for the really cold days. A bit difficult for me because I'm slim but with man shoulders but somehow this XS coat can fit the cardigan underneath xD

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't wear a hat with the hooded coat, it doesn't look good for me (but I don't mind if other people would wear it like that ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...