Tuesday, 28 January 2014

SomethingKawaii.co.uk Totoro pencil case review



Having used the same pencil case every day for over five years, I decided it was high time I got a new one. I saw some really cool pencil cases that I liked from CoolPencilCase.com but they were expensive and the site is US-based so shipping would have been a bomb. So I was super happy when I came across the UK site Something Kawaii selling cute stationery and accessories at what I think are very reasonable prices. If you don't recognise him, the pencil case is Totoro from Miyazaki's My Neighbour Totoro.

Something Kawaii doesn't have a lot of products but they're rigorously categorised, which is useful if you're looking for something in particular. Most of the stuff they sell are small and cheap, so it's probably a good place to get lots of cool little gifts for people... or yourself.

Price
The pencil case is £4.95, and if you live in UK the shipping is £1.95 by ordinary 2nd class post. The money you spend is all for the design, so don't expect high quality too. But £7 is acceptable for an impulse buy like this one!


Shipping
I ordered the pencil case on Friday evening. On Monday morning I got an email that the order had been processed and dispatched, and on Tuesday morning it came through the letterbox. It was in a clear plastic bag inside a brown envelope lined with bubble wrap. (In case the fabric pencil case got smashed, of course.) The stamp was 2nd class large. Just two working days had elapsed between the order and the package coming through the door, so I was very happy with the shipping speed.

Product
The pencil case is so soft, I want to rub it against my face all the time. The embroidery is nice and neat (scroll down for a detail photo). As the product description says, it's lined with a thin white fabric.


The zip is cheap but works. There's a little ball chain on the zip to which I've attached my own charm. There's some kind of padding between the outer and inner material of the pencil case which gives it shape. There's a permanent indentation on the right side (see the first image of the post) and a big crease along the back.



Like I said I wasn't expecting quality, and for £7 with a really cute design, I think the quality's passable. For an impulse buy I'm quite satisfied with my purchase and the website was easy to use and caused me no problems. Maybe I'll make a felt leaf badge to put on his forehead...

Overview
Shop's website design: ★★★★☆
Shop's product choice: ★★★☆☆
Shipping speed: ★★★★★
Product quality: ★★★☆☆
Product value for money: ★★★☆☆

2 comments:

  1. I love Totoro too!

    keep in touch :)

    xx
    ellie
    chasingculprit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I usually don't use pencil cases, but I would want one if it were that cute XD"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...