Sunday, 19 January 2014

Metallic purple and glitter nails

Revlon Chroma Chameleon nail polish in Amethyst
Barry M Jewel Glitter nail polish in Diamond


I was never very much of a nail polish person before. I like to have neat, short nails for maximum dexterity, which is important for my violining. But my friend S is a nail polish fanatic, has every single colour imaginable in a dedicated nail polish drawer, and over the past year, she's rather rubbed off on me.

For my birthday, she gave me three nail polishes, one of which is the Barry M Jewel Glitter nail polish in Diamond. Though the glitter is low density, I really like the varying sizes of the glitter specks, which makes it look pleasantly random and spacey. But because of the low density, this nail polish is only really suitable as a top coat.

The Revlon Chroma Chameleon nail polish in Amethyst was from Poundland. Going by the name and how it looks in the bottle, I reckon it's supposed to be duochrome, but as you can see it only barely flashes green in the light. But that's okay because it was £1 and I bought it for its lovely metallic violet purple colour. Because it's not a very saturated shade of purple it's not too loud. The other major con is that it's very runny and thin, so I needed three coats to get an undoubtably opaque colour.

On my glittered nails, there are two layers of the purple polish, with one layer of glitter polish on top. On the other three nails are three layers of the purple polish. I could probably have gotten away with glittering all five nails because the glitter is not that dense so I don't think it would be overkill. Besides, who doesn't love glitter?

3 comments:

  1. I love glitter, too ;) I recently got into nail polishes ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how they look but they're just such a pain to get off sometimes T_T

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...