Sunday, 12 January 2014

"If I'm wrong, I am right"


Jacket: Primark
Blouse: Primark
Necklace: C.M.D
Skirt: Primark
Tights: China
Heels: Hush Puppies

It's boring because it's my interview outfit. And for an interview outfit, it's as exciting as it gets when you're applying for dentistry, fighting it out with over ten other applicants for each place. I completely failed at following my own advice, and wore this great big blingy bird flock necklace to my first interview. It looked good and I felt good in it, which is what's important.

I spent many hours looking for the perfect interview outfit and I found it all in Primark. I had high hopes for Next, but the quality is really not what you'd expect for such an expensive shop. They can barely sew their skirts straight! My mum said that they didn't used to be like that. Matalan was not bad, and was cheap, but their smallest size is 8 and their sizes run large, and I have a narrow waist so the skirts and dresses were too big for me. H&M was too poor quality. New Look has good smart clothes but only in the biggest shops (like, Birmingham). The Primark I went to is one of the neatest ones around and it had all the sizes, but I would imagine it would be impossible to find a suit in a messy Primark.

8 comments:

  1. I find it's usually better to play it safe than try to be creative with your outfits when it comes to interview clothes. However, I love that you managed to add some color and accessorize without looking inappropriate. Most of my interview outfits in the past have been black, white, grey or navy. Should keep this in mind for the next time I have a job interview :]
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fellow interviewees are always in blacks, greys and navies. Grey doesn't look that good on me and navy is the colour of my old school's sixth form uniform (so I don't like it, ha) so I went with black. Thanks Deborah :D

      Delete
  2. I always try to avoid going to Primark, but sometimes you just know they'll have what you want when other places won't. I'm a New Look girl through and through, but even I had to buy new work shoes from Primark - at £6 it can't be beat!
    And you look smart as a woodpecker in spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love New Look too, especially the sale stuff. There are some really nice dresses in the sale right now but the problem is I don't need any of them, lol~ Thanks you!

      Delete
  3. That necklace is beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good on you :) And I like your necklace, it's beautiful ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...