Friday, 20 December 2013

"You ain't seen nothing like me yet"

Hat: Collection 18, TK Maxx
Jumper: New Look
Skirt: Uniqlo
Tights: China
Boots: Doc Martens



This is the red hat I was on about a while ago. I really like this outfit because it's easy and simple, without my usual excessive layering. (I love layering but it's liberating wearing just one skirt at a time instead of three.)

I'm off for Christmas now, though I have a lot of work to do - chemistry coursework, English essays, and revision for exams in summer. If we were allowed to do January exams, I would have three exams next month and five exams in the summer. Instead I have all eight at the end of the academic year and it worries me a lot. Though not as much as whether I am going to get an offer, ha!

It's been a cold but sunny day, so to try and cheer myself up I had a surprisingly fruitful wander around town by myself, trawling the market, discount shops and charity shops. I found a lot of things I was looking for, and everything I bought was £2 or less.


Marksman mini round-nosed plier to bend paperclips or any other wire I can find into jewellery like ear cuffs and rings.
Revlon Chroma Chameleon nail polish in Amethyst was from Poundland (but you can cough up £6.49 for it if you really want), and it's a lovely shade of greyish purple, though it photographed terribly. It shines green in the light just a tiny bit in the bottle, but I'll see how it looks on the nails when I try it out some time.
Gregory Maguire - Wicked inspired the musical which I was lucky enough to go down to London to see, and it's never in the library so I bought it.
Frank Herbert - Dune I've heard is excellent, and seeing as I've been going through a sci-fi phase recently, I've been looking round for it. I can only find its sequels in the library so I gasped when I saw it in British Heart Foundation.
Rebecca Skloot - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks I picked up because I thought I had heard the name 'Henrietta Lacks' before. It must have been New Scientist, because Lacks is the source of the immortal cell line, HeLa. There are ethical issues surrounding the use of her cells, but apart from that I know nothing more about it, so this could be an informative read.

So what's worrying you over Christmas, and how are you dealing with it?

9 comments:

  1. Perfect skirt is perfect!
    And, Wicked the book is a lot better than the musical, in my own opinion. It's wonderful!


    http://www.katielikeme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the musical so I'm hoping I'll enjoy the book too :D
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Awesome pics :D
    Great job!
    Your outfit it's cool too

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2013/12/hey-lets-learn-care-label.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that skirt! I love how simple your outfit looks, but it's still so completely cute!

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three skirts? I have worn only two at a time so far.

    I have 5 homeworks and 3 programming projects to write during my holiday so that's what is bothering me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One overskirt, one skirt for shape (e.g. petticoat) and one skirt to provide a lace trim. That's the furthest I've ever been and I don't do it often because it's uncomfy, haha.
      Good luck with your masses of homeworks and projects ;_;

      Delete
  5. I love the red skirt you're wearing in the photos above ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's so comfortable and easy to wear :3

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...