Sunday, 22 December 2013

Pre-Christmas calm


From tomorrow, everything is going to get crazy. My sister's family and their in-laws are spending a few days at our house and it will be Such Fun and somehow I will make it through this. The tree has been up since the beginning of this week, decorated by some new LED flashing lights that my dad unexpectedly bought. I asked him if he was jealous of all the neighbours' flashing displays. He said "not any more."


We've had the same tree and decorations for literally as long as I can remember. They aren't posh but they are familiar. I also cut out some intricate paper snowflakes to decorate my parents' bedroom with. Six-pointed, obviously - I like my snowflakes to be scientifically correct as possible.


This morning I also made some strawberry and blueberry muffins. They're pretty good, though they stick to the paper cases rather a lot, which is annoying. I don't know if oiling the inside of the cases will help with that?? I was adventurous and went with a recipe in a cookbook my friend S gave me so they taste totally different to my normal cake, so that's exciting.


Yesterday I went with a couple of quartet friends to a Christmas market, which was a lovely day out. I didn't really buy anything but I really enjoyed spending time with cool people. So all in all I'm enjoying my weekend of calm. I hope you are too.

8 comments:

  1. I have noticed that the muffins stick to the paper cases when they're hot but when they cool everything is fine. However, it depends on the recipe - some muffins are just stickier. If so - bake them without paper cases and oil only the pan or whatever it's called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you for your muffin-baking expertise :D The blueberry and strawberry are quite sticky so maybe that's it? o.o

      Delete
  2. I find when I make a specific type of cupcake, the paper always sticks to them too, and I cannot figure out how to stop this. ._. I even got ones that were aluminum or something, and they still stuck. It's quite frustrating, since those cupcakes (oreo cupcakes) are my absolute favorite!
    I wish it was calm here before Christmas though. This weekend has been all about rushing to get presents done. I should be working on mine now but I'm procrastinating until after lunch, haha. But there's getting those done, wrapping, finishing off christmas cards, and baking. So, so much baking today and tomorrow. So no pre-Christmas calm for me!

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo Oreo cupcakes, those sound divine. My 2nd favourite thing about Oreos after the taste is how hard it is not to look like you've been eating dirt when you get crumbs all around your mouth.
      I haven't done presents this year - I've felt this rebellious urge to resist Christmas consumerism.
      I don't know whether I'll be able to fight January sale consumerism though...

      Delete
  3. what i love about Christmas is the Christmas decorations. oh, the cupcakes looks so yummy :)

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your muffins and Christmas tree look great!

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...