Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Self-portrait

on deviantART
 I finally admitted to myself that my old self-portrait is rubbish and I can do better now. I stuck with the greyscale because colouring things in is a pain. The water brush on Paint Tool SAI is my new friend - it helped make the hair look lovely and soft.

Have you ever drawn yourself? I've learnt that the only way to truly know a face is to draw it. You'll notice things that would have otherwise gone undetected, even if it's someone familiar.

4 comments:

  1. It turned out very cute! I can't draw so I have never tried drawing myself... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to a friend the other day and she was saying how she's terrible at remembering what people look like. She said it becomes even more obvious that you don't know what features people have when you try to draw them - and it's true! I think I can only really draw myself, anything else is hopeless!

    Your new pic is lovely, your hair looks like a waterfall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drawing realistic faces from memory is reaaaaally hard x.x Thanks Olivia! <3

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...