Friday, 29 November 2013

Papercraft Espeon



In the two minutes of sunshine I had this morning I managed to get a few photos of my second papercraft, Espeon. (It's raining now.) I've always been used to having a psychic type in my team, so when Cel gave me two Eevees in Diamond, one of them ended up like this.

I didn't look at the instructions before making this so I found the head and ears quite tricky, and didn't do a great job of them as a result. Otherwise, this papercraft went well! Before cutting the parts out, I used an empty fountain pen to score the fold lines, which made the folds a lot easier and more precise.

On my Christmas wishlist now is PVA glue. My crappy glue stick kind of does the job but it is such a pain to apply when you're holding this fiddly delicate 3D thingy in your hands and the tab you want to glue down is in a hard-to-reach place.

I've asked my dad to print off templates for Toon Link (from Zelda) and Baphomet Jr. (from Ragnarok Online) so I'm really looking forward to starting on those!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cool! Pokemon was the best and all the evolutionary forms of Eevee were my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one Eevee into an Espeon, and the other into a Vaporeon for my team's tank and surfer :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks great! I've never done papercraft, but I might give it a try after seeing this :D Is it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with templates described as 'easy' and you should be ok. You can get by with glue sticks but it can be awkward - I just went to Poundland to get some PVA glue this weekend. It's fiddly work but usually in an easy template, there's only one or two hard bits, like the head in this Espeon papercraft, but just use a little intuition if you get stuck on what to glue where and you'll be fine!

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...