Saturday, 19 October 2013

Far East

While I've seen oriental prints and the odd kimono-style cape, I think fashion inspired by the far east could use some more loving on the high street. My mum and sister have loads, but I don't own a single qipao and I hope to rectify that one day.


Four flowers that often appear in Chinese art are 梅兰竹菊 - Chinese plum, orchid, bamboo and chrysanthemum. Plum has spiky branches and small flowers. Orchid has long, thin leaves. Bamboo have straight stems and no flowers. Chrysanthemum has large, ball-shaped flowers.

From 潇洒辛格
Next time you look at any Chinese art, or spot an oriental print piece of clothing, see if you can spot these flowers.

Dress: Cozy
Jacket: Asos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...