- High-waisted stuff is all about accentuating the waist, so tuck that top in!
- If your shorts don't have a vertical line of buttons, you can instead add a belt.
- Sometimes your top tucked in just doesn't look right, but all is not lost. Maybe a cardigan or chequered shirt, not done up, flung over the top will fix it.
- For a casual look, try your favourite graphic t-shirt with some trainers and funky socks.
- To look more elegant in your shorts, a pretty blouse, tights and ankle boots will do the trick.
- If you feel as if you've got too much of your legs out, shorts are a great opportunity to show off some over-the-knee socks or knee-high boots.
- When it's winter and you want to wear your shorts, you know you'll have to face the ultimate clothes contradiction: shorts with tights.
- Black tights with dark-coloured shorts is a sleek and playful alternative to black skinny jeans.
- If your shorts are black or navy, there's nothing stopping you from wearing brightly coloured tights with it. Try wine red, ocean teal or mustard yellow.
|More of this outfit|