Wednesday, 4 September 2013

High-waisted shorts

Whether it's summer or winter, there is always a way to wear high-waisted shorts. I really like the ones with a column of buttons, which is why I DIYed my own. Why don't you try it? Here are some of my favourite looks I found that rock this kind of shorts, as well as some tips on how to style them yourself.

  • High-waisted stuff is all about accentuating the waist, so tuck that top in!
  • If your shorts don't have a vertical line of buttons, you can instead add a belt.
  • Sometimes your top tucked in just doesn't look right, but all is not lost. Maybe a cardigan or chequered shirt, not done up, flung over the top will fix it.
  • For a casual look, try your favourite graphic t-shirt with some trainers and funky socks.
  • To look more elegant in your shorts, a pretty blouse, tights and ankle boots will do the trick.
  • If you feel as if you've got too much of your legs out, shorts are a great opportunity to show off some over-the-knee socks or knee-high boots.
  • When it's winter and you want to wear your shorts, you know you'll have to face the ultimate clothes contradiction: shorts with tights.
  • Black tights with dark-coloured shorts is a sleek and playful alternative to black skinny jeans.
  • If your shorts are black or navy, there's nothing stopping you from wearing brightly coloured tights with it. Try wine red, ocean teal or mustard yellow.

More of this outfit

5 comments:

  1. lovely post!

    Fashionerd101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made your own high waisted shorts...super cool! I'll have to check that post out next so I can give it a try!

    ArteresaLynn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you do try it please show me 'cos I'd love to see :D

      Delete
  3. I love the shorts with tights look. These are great tips! :D

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...