Sunday, 18 August 2013

Post-results shopping

Two nights ago we did some evening shopping at a retail park to get my friend S her physical birthday present, but also found some sweet stuff for myself too. Just like Sainsbury's, Matalan has a gorgeous range of kids' clothes for girls who are twelve years old or younger. As soon as they start designing for fifteen year olds (basically, the clothes I am more likely to fit into) it's all dodgy magenta leopard prints and tacky pop star tributes.

Vest: eBay (mine: Primark)
Boots: miinto (mine: Safiya)

Luckily, however, they have this adorable green floral skirt that just about fits me. It is a tad short for my liking but it's nothing a bit of clever layering with my tiered lace skirt can't fix. I'm planning to get hold of some wide cream lace to sew onto the skirt's lining so I don't need to do the bulky layering which might get a bit hot in summer.

It's a little odd to be wishing away warm weather, but I can't wait 'til it gets cooler and I can break out the chunky cardigans, long socks and beloved boots. The clothes pictured above are what I own myself, and where I can't find exactly what I have, I've found an image of a similar item.

At New Look I also found the closest I'm going to get to a non-cropped bustier. It's just a lace vest sort of thing by Cameo Rose, but it's of decent quality and is full length, which is what I wanted.

2 comments:

  1. That skirt is so very cute! I love the color and the print.
    And I've been doing the same, wishing away the warm weather. The cool autumn air is perfect for the comfy sweaters that have been hanging in my closet for far too long.

    Michelle
    The Girly Gamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I'm not the only one! I just love layering too much and it gets far too warm for it in the summer :(

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...