Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Tartan lolita

It's not like I have an abnormal proportion of tartan in my wardrobe, but I really, really love tartan. There's that tartan dress I wear every other Monday, a wool skirt, and my mum's chequered shirt, which kind of counts.

Marrying tartan and lolita is, as you'd expect, a match made in heaven for me. Did you know there's a Scottish Register for Tartans? Colours you see most in tartan include red, green and blue. I love my red tartan dress but blue and green is such a lovely combination too, as it's a little more subtle.

9 comments:

  1. I adore tartan! These dresses are all gorgeous! I think the most wearable one (for me) is the first, but I just love them all! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love red, I really like blue/green tartan so my fave is the bottom left. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I like the shirts:)
    Nice day!
    xoxo
    stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottom two are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like the blue/green ones too? I like how the contrast between blue and green is not as much as, say, red and and grey/white. Though my red tartan dress is red/brown which is nicer I think.

      Delete
  4. I am not sure whether I would wear it or not to be honest.
    Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita is not for everyone :3 I appreciate your dropping by too :D

      Delete
  5. I am a big fan of tartan, too. The last two dresses have such a wonderful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would wear it every day if I could x3
      And I am sad your Lookbook is gone :(

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...