Monday, 22 July 2013

Shingle

I can barely remember the last time we went on a day trip with the explicit intention of going to the beach, but on Sunday I was in the lovely Llandudno. The morning was overcast with white cloud, which was actually perfect for trecking up a cliff. By lunchtime, the sun had come out just in time for cold chicken and cheesy bread on the shingle.

After dozing in our beach shelter for an hour or so, my mum and I walked through the shallow waves on the freshly-exposed sand to reach the rockpools, where we caught crabs about 10cm across. Only afterwards did we realise that we'd shredded our hands lifting rough rocks! I hear it's going to get showery, but if there's more good weather on the way, this won't be the last you'll see of the back of my head lying listlessly upon a beach.


I caught crabs. (Not the STD kind.)
Salty, wrinkly feet after exploring rock pools.
Ugly, but excellent for beaches.

Trying to draw on a stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...