Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Zelda bling

The Legend of Zelda series has been one of my most long-standing obsessions. I grew up watching my sister play Ocarina of Time, and making clay figurines of Link, and things like that. You know that underground vault in Kakariko Village where Link learns the Sun's Song with all the ReDeads? Yes. It made me cry.

Sometimes it's quite difficult finding high-quality merchandise, because even a huge name in the gaming world is obscure overall, but I did find some pieces which are both subtle and elegant.
Necklace: Etsy
Despite fashion's obsession with hipster triangles, I have looked very carefully at the triangle jewellery and have been disappointed to find no Triforces. This gold-plated necklace is only very small, but I think it needs to be, to retain its sophistication.

Earrings: Jewelry Leader
If you've ever looked carefully at Link in some of the Zeldas - Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, definitely - you'll notice his small blue hoop earrings. I read it a long time ago, but I do recall upon reading it elsewear that in the Ocarina of Time manga, the earrings are a rite of passage for young Sheikah men. I don't have pierced ears, nor have I ever seriously considered piercing them, but if I did, I would certainly get me some of these earrings and wear them every day.

From Zelda Universe

Rings: Zsolt Székely
These wedding rings are just stunning, aren't they? The inscription on the inside reads 'it's dangerous to go through life alone'. That is just the cutest thing, and I think it calls for a Zelda/Lord of the Rings mash-up.
Zelda/LotR mash-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...