Sunday, 9 June 2013

"Too late to go back to sleep"

Before I was really into fashion I bought this wool tartan skirt by Red Herring from the sale racks. This was long before the circle skirt boom we're now in but I liked the thick material and the skirt's fullness. Nevertheless I never really wore it, because the colours didn't really match things in my wardrobe, and wearing a skirt back then was a massive effort for me.

No longer. Every few weeks at school this skirt makes an appearance on Tartan Monday. What's Tartan Monday, I hear you think? Every Monday is Tartan Monday. It is the day you wear tartan. Participants: me. Though I am occasionally successful in roping in a few friends - I think the maximum number of tartan people I rallied on one Tartan Monday is five or six.

Collar: New Look
Jumper: New Look
Bag: New Look, Christmas present
Skirt: Red Herring, Debenhams
Petticoat: Matalan
Socks: Pringle, TK Maxx
Boots: Clarks

In some of the pictures you can see my bright pink petticoat taking a sneaky look at the outside world from under the skirt. As if it's not poofy enough already!




4 comments:

  1. The collar is just the cutest thing! I love tartan, I'd definitely participate in Tartan Mondays! :)
    Mia xo
    miaalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ Start your own Tartan Mondays! Spread it like a virus!

      Delete
  2. This outfit is lovely! love the pattern on the skirt, adorable x
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...