Saturday, 1 June 2013

"I'm waking up to ash and dust"

I just spent at least two hours looking at university courses and rankings and locations and wondering how on this Earth I am going to get anywhere in life. Just how do you do it? What if straight As aren't enough? What if all the dentist schools reject me? Worst of all, what if I get into dentistry then find out I hate people and was cut out to do research rather than a service?

Life musings aside, this is a slight deviation from my usual style - I just don't wear shorts that much any more, but I wanted to try out this weird shorts layering. How do you like my new and improved lace-trimmed cycling shorts with lace that is actually elastic? It took about a year to find it! And what do you think about the shorts layering? Hit or miss?

I've got a lot of questions today. They're rhetorical - mostly.
Choker: Claire's
Necklace: Esprit, China
Vest: Esprit, China
Jacket: River Island, Asos
Shorts: Wrangler, DIY
Undershorts: Tesco, DIY
Socks: Topshop
Boots: Doc Martens, eBay


5 comments:

  1. I love the whole look, especially that jacket, which is gorgeous!
    And I know how over whelming it is to be suddenly told to decide what you want to do and then have to stick at it for what seems like the rest of your life, as I am going through a similar processes now.
    Rejection is scary, one of my closest friends got rejected from her first choice uni and ended up accepting her second choice and now in hindsight has decided that is probably for the best, so maybe rejection isn't always bad as it can lead on to new and exciting things?
    The best thing to do when looking at unis is to find a course that you like and you think will hold your attention for the how many years your course is and also in a place that you'll enjoy living. As this is equally important (I think)as well as the course. Even if you do start a course and feel that it's not the right one for you there are people you can talk to and you may even be able to transfer course. So don't panic too much!
    In regards to grades you can only do your best x and good luck with the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this awesome comment. My best friend was also rejected from all the med schools so is gonna do biochemistry instead and I really hope it works out for her because she is such a great person, hard-working and dedicated, and she didn't deserve not to get what she wanted!

      Delete
  2. That jacket is amazing! such a great look!
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your jacket! and also the shorts paired with the lace, perfect!
    - Charlotte
    P.S. please have a look at my giveaway: http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...