Thursday, 30 May 2013

Ramona

Though I was the first out of my friends to read the comics and watch the film, it was they who got obsessed with Scott Pilgrim. I enjoyed the nerdy references that I understood, and I really love the art style, but the storyline randoms the crap out of you. Which is why my friends love it...

Anywho, it's undeniable that Ramona Flowers is more than a bit of a BAMF, and has a wicked style to match.


I've always thought that if you are going to cripple your hair with chemicals, you might as well go for a whacky colour. Ramona, with her ever-changing hair colour, seems to stand by this rule too. What's the point of deliberating over a thousand shades of brown and blonde which are only a digit away from your previous hair colour's hex number, when you can go blue, purple, green or pink?

Another part of her style I love is her layering. Boots, tights, socks, shorts, belts, bracelets, bags and jackets are artfully piled on top of each other - in funky colours of course - to achieve a sometimes slightly haphazard but creative look.


With her occupation as a 'ninja delivery girl', she absolutely rocks rollerskates and goggles, finished off with a Subspace Suitcase which apparently possesses TARDISian qualities, and of course, a weapon. Handgun, Titanium Baseball Bat (+1 against blondes) or Large Hammer (+2 against girls)? Take your pick.


Ramona's pretty much always in boots, of which she has a fair few pairs, which look fantastic with her shorts, skirts and dresses. I love the casual sleekness of the hoody and skirt combo below, with the shiny black boots.

11 comments:

  1. I actually watched the film of this last night! I love the style of the comics, and mjst get around to reading them again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the film on DVD right after watching Inception - talk about contrasts xD The film was really weird but a relief after the heavy-going Inception and I enjoyed the gaming refs but apart from that I found the film very 'blah'. The comics are similarly random - I just read them for the nice art - but some people (like my best friend) are really into that 'random' kind of genre!

      Delete
  2. I love the last one)

    Daria,
    http://www.dariaburkova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Ramona's style. I even had the haircut with greenish-blue hair for a while. I really like how the movie tried to keep up with said awesome style. And although I never finished the comics - I also believe BAMF status achieved.

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film was really faithful to the comics which was nice, and Ramona's hair is always awesome xD Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I absolutely love her!! Actually the whole reason why I watched the movie was a gif I found of her on Tumblr haha! The film was pretty funny by the way! I enjoyed it! p.s.: i have never read the comic so I can't make a comparison! But the character in the movie is quite amazing as look and hair! Thanks for reminding me! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like a lot of people haven't got round to the comics! I myself never heard of Scott Pilgrim before the film and I wasn't even interested in the film anyway xD

      Delete
  5. Hi Cassaela,
    Loving your blog's mix of edgy alternative fashion and pop culture! Found you as a fellow IFB Links a la Mode blogger this week -Mariana (aka Ms. Fabulous)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this brings back memories of my goth days. I use to have magenta hair!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'm gonna have a dark purple wig. I love cool hair colours but I don't like the sound of dipping my head in chemicals for it x3

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...