Saturday, 23 March 2013

Scarf

My mum said that my late grandmother didn't mind rain and didn't mind cold, but absolutely hated wind. Being caught outside on a chilly, windy day without a scarf truly is a most unhappy experience, but scarves can have other uses too.

|| Hedvig || Truus || Cystii L. ||

Here are some scarf ideas to get you started:
  • In winter, wrap a long, chunky knit scarf as many times around your neck as possible, for a cosy infinity scarf effect.
  • A silk scarf worn close around the neck serves as a focus piece to draw attention to your face.
  • Use a wide scarf as a wrap to cover your shoulders when wearing a strapless or spaghetti strap dress.
  • Wrap a wide scarf around your waist, pinning in place with a brooch, to make a wrap skirt.



Click for LB

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that second photo of the scarf skirt. I get the feeling that if I tried it, it would just fall down :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yes, the logistics... If you try it, I suggest securing it with a sturdy but pretty belt, as well as a brooch. Maybe chuck in a few heavy duty safety pins too.

      Delete
  2. I'm desperate for a chunky knit tartan scarf. I'm waiting to find one that is slightly cheaper than any I've seen. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever seen a -knit- tartan scarf before. Though there have been wool tartan scarves for less than £15 in TK Maxx :3

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...