Friday, 8 March 2013

"Not all those who wander are lost"

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

From The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Go, Aragorn! Any look featuring the One Ring is excuse for me to quote some awesome poetry from Middle Earth. One of these days I will have to go to New Zealand.
One Ring: Mordor
Scarf: mum's wardrobe
Jumper: mum's wardrobe
Skirt: Malvin, TK Maxx
Gloves: Peacocks
Tights: China
Socks: China
Boots: Clarks

Anyway, I've been looking for a way to wear these over-the-knee legwarmer thingies that look like socks, which I got from the indoor market in China, along with some other hosiery. They basically are socks, just without the toe bit, for some unknown reason. And, of course, these new boots which were just £12 from a Clarks sale. My mum and I were literally incapable of exiting the shop without such a steal.

Apart from that, I didn't really know what I was going for with this outfit - it seems to be lacey, drapey, fringey and wooly all at the same time. I am really liking it though, despite the generally-avoided mixing of black and brown, which I usually regard to be immiscible.



The lace gloves I added on a whim, inspired by this look by Kerti P. I bought them a long time ago from Peacocks, which I haven't seen for a while - I suspect they've gone under. Along with a bead choker from Claire's, it's part of my collection of almost unworn gothic-flavoured pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...