Thursday, 28 February 2013

"Down from the door where it began"

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

After something like a year with this camera, I've only just worked out how to change the aperture in manual mode. When I was shooting these pictures I couldn't get it down to f/3.5 (the lowest this lens allows, I think) and when I did, halfway through shooting, it somehow changed itself to f/5.6. How annoying.

One Ring: Mordor
Cardi: H&M
Top: Tesco
Skirt: Uniqlo
Bag: behind the piano
Armwarmers worn as legwarmers: New Look
Boots: Doc Martens, eBay


This bag has been sitting between the piano and the wall for ten years. It's just a plain leather briefcase-like sort of thing, but I like across-the-shoulder bags. Good for keeping music in, and the gold accents go with my One Ring, and yellow stitching of the Docs, because I like matching tiny miniscule no-one-cares details like these!


This cardigan was less than £15 - I bought it in November after getting the red skirt - and it's super warm because it's cotton. Downside is, there's a little bit of wool in it as well, so it leaves fluff all over the skirt, which contains wool also. I could do with one of those lint roller thingies, but sellotape will have to do.


4 comments:

  1. You sound a lot more photo savvy than me- I can't change a thing. You look great I love the leg warmers (I'm a legwarmers fan!) And the DMs.
    X

    Ps I'm celebrating my first blog birthday with a giveaway if you would like to enter to win an amazing collection of things including a beautiful velvet turban from Crown and Glory
    http://be-a-goddess.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/be-goddess-is-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty chuffed with myself thinking of putting the armwarmers on my feet xD Thanks!

      Delete
  2. They totally sell lint rollers in H&M! And in primark too, I buy them all the time because my dressing gown is the fluffiest thing ever :P And I love that cardigan of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen them near the checkouts! Though I just use a length of duct tape because I'm cheapo xD Thank you~

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...