Saturday, 12 January 2013

"Trees like torches blazed with light"

The pines were roaring on the heights,
The wind was moaning in the night,
The fire was red, it flaming spread,
The trees like torches blazed with light.
from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Did any of you watch The Hobbit this winter? Even if you're not into fantasy, Martin Freeman (or, John Watson as he is to me) is worth it anyway. Everthing from his body language, jumpiness, and frequent brow-furrowing makes him the perfect Bilbo Baggins.

The dwarves, however, agree less to my expectations. The defining feature of a dwarf's appearance is his beard, and to put it simply, a lot of the dwarves' beards just aren't beardy enough. (Kili, sweetheart, just because you're Mitchell, doesn't mean you can't get a proper beard.) Don't even get me started on Thorin - far, far, far too shiny and young and Hollywood. (Nice voice though.)

But I'm being harsh now. Verdict: fun romp.  Best of it are John Watson, and the music. Plot pacing veeeeeery slow, thanks to someone's retarded idea to drag a book I reread over Christmas in two days flat over nine hours of three films.

Oh, yes, the outfit. My excuse for the Hobbit preamble is that thing hanging round my neck. Can you see it?

One Ring: Mordor, of course
Shirt: mum's wardrobe
Cardi: TK Maxx
Jeans: Topshop
Bracelet: TK Maxx
Boots: Rockport, TK Maxx

I like skirts and dresses, and I like cardigans, but I'm really terrible at tops. I had to rummage through my mum's wardrobe again to find this green thing which I think goes alright with the jeans. I've got masses of t-shirts but not a lot of these button-up blouses, and I find I kind of like it.


Because I'm fussy and weird and enjoy the jingly noise it makes when I walk around, I tied a bracelet to the jeans. I really like this bracelet but it's quite heavy and loose and gets in the way, so I don't wear it on my wrist very much. In fact I hardly wear jewellery at all.


4 comments:

  1. You combined the baroque print gorgeously, love it.

    Puck | ONEOFPOINTS.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple pants and the stripe blouse is just perfect! you look great.

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...