Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Presents

I hope you people are having an agreeable Christmas. Did you get any nice things? I'm not gonna lie - I like turkey and I like fairy lights entwined in an archway above the conservatory door, but what I love most of all is presents.


This year, most of the presents I sent out were little DIYs, like bracelets and chokers and things. I found a lovely origami box tutorial - complete with lid - on the internet, and if you make them from card, you get some very sturdy little gift boxes which you can decorate however you please. I'm lazy, so it was just felt tip polka-dots for my three friends' presents.

Just a note - when making the lids, don't underestimate the thickness of the paper. If the dimensions of the base box are, say, 70 x 70 x 70 mm, for the lid, the central square has to be something like 76 x 76 mm to fit over the box without warping it. You'll know what I mean if you make it.

Have a nice day!

5 comments:

  1. I saw one of your posts on LB forum, and it led me here :) I like how you write, very very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment! :) great ideas !! love those origami box, they are so sweettt ! *.*

    *
    heart-sease.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're really easy to do.

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...