Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Katherine Glendenning

Say good day to the painfully posh and even more excruciatingly well-dressed Miss Katherine Glendenning. Don't worry - the imperiously opaque almost-smile is archetypal to spoilt aristocrats such as her.
Katherine Glendenning, played by Elaine Cassidy
Photo from Inside Media Track
I've been deprived of all my favourite series these few months, so have been settling with mediocre ones. The Paradise is BBC's cashing in on the period drama craze, though they'd be getting a lot more money if they had bought Downton Abbey when it was first proposed to them.

The first few episodes were watchable, but it deteriorated steadily into unprovoked debauchery and an utterly confusing (but inevitable) ending. (Yes, I watched the whole thing. That's how desperate I am.)

But, with period drama comes period costume. The Paradise, therefore, is the perfect eye candy for lovers of Victorian gowns like me.

From Facebook
From Tumblr
From Facebook
Full-body shots were sparse in Google Images, but her hats and the collars of her dresses are already enough to look at. Most of the time, she's in a cream dress with trimmings in purple, orange or pink.

From Inside Media Track
From Tumblr
From The Culture Concept
From What We Are Wearing
I think my favourite kind of collar, however, are these ruffled swan-necked kind of collars of the three pictures above - is that an accurate way to describe them? I just find it so elegant. In one episode she wears a dress with a bertha collar, which is also gorgeous - I love off-the-shoulder stuff, as long as it's both shoulders - but I couldn't find any photos of it.

You will also notice that she is almost never seen without a choker on - she must have one in every single colour of the rainbow. Just a simple band of velvet ribbon adds such sophistication to her already exquisite ensembles. She was a major inspiration in my making of my own lace and velvet ribbon chokers.

From What We Are Wearing

From What We Are Wearing
From What We Are Wearing
From What We Are Wearing
From What We Are Wearing
From What We Are Wearing

5 comments:

  1. wow, amazing dresses!! even though the really pale ones don't suit her.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With her dark hair and eyes I think she looks best in warm rich tones, and I'm finding lilac is very hard to pull off for most people. Thank you for the comment :D

      Delete
  2. love these pictures, haven't heard of the show before, but might need to start watching:)
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you really like the clothes, watch it if you're really bored. Not exactly scintillating TV though, I must warn you!

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...