Saturday, 8 December 2012

"Best thing that's ever been mine"

A long, long time ago I told you about some collar tips I wanted to make out of some earrings I got from China. They are hiding in all of the outfit shots, but if you'd like to see them, scroll right down to the bottom of the post. The owls will certainly be happy to see you.
Jacket: Timberland, sister's wardrobe
Dress: Yumi, TK Maxx
Skirt: Next
Tights: Tesco
Socks: Next
Boots: Safiya, China
Bag: 'Made in Italy', mum's cupboard







DIY collar tips made from earrings
The idea of earrings as collar tips is from Jackie C. at Sewing in Stilettos. I took some tweezers to the backs of the owls to snip the pins off. There is this foldy thing that used to go over the pins, so the owls are crudely sewn onto the jacket. They look awesome, though.

On the topic of DIY, yes, I am still working on the choker one. I just need photos of the finished product and then it will be done.

6 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Gosh, you just gave me an idea :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to hear or see about your idea ^_^

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Cute collar tips! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I love them but sad I can't remove them to go on other things easily ^_^;;

      Delete
  3. Love your outfit! Very colorful and happy!
    Thank you so much for your comment!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...