Sunday, 18 November 2012

Wicked

I'm not quite sure what I've done to deserve it, but my mum and I spent yesterday in London! After a little shopping on Oxford Street, we ate French onion soup and McDonalds's for lunch, and watched Wicked! I didn't know the story so that was a rollercoaster, and the singing was powerful, and it was a lot lighter and more modern than Les Mis, the only other musical I've seen. I was impressed at the 3Dness of the characters, and how cleverly the plot linked in with Wizard of Oz.

Chinatown
The Mall, leading up to Buckingham Palace
Two gulls pretending to be one gull outside Buckingham Palace
Passing by the side of Buckingham Palace on the way to Wicked
Oh hello, Merlin. Fancy seeing you here in the middle of Soho.
On Oxford Street, I bought the loveliest high-waisted skirt from Uniqlo. Its length is a little above the knee, which I think is perfect. I've been looking for a high-waisted skirt of decent length for a while now, so despite its £30 price tag, we took it home. (It's probably the first non-sale item over a fiver I've bought in a long, long time.) I found I quite liked Uniqlo, because pretty much everything in there has at least a little cotton or wool. There are some nice down jackets in there too.

Cardi: H&M
Skirt: Uniqlo
In a flurriful fit of uncontrolled impulse this morning, I also bought this cotton cardigan from H&M. Online. (Also, I did not sign up to the site with the sirname of 'Antiqua'. No, no.) It's £15 from £30, and, courtesy of a discount code from HotUKDeals, I got it for under £14, including shipping. Now I am going to feel guilty about it for the next half year and not buy anything, which is not a bad thing at all.

1 comment:

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...