Saturday, 22 September 2012

Space Android: Michelle Pan

This time I'm introducing you to a Chinese girl living in Norway, and one of my favourite fashionistas on Lookbook, Michelle Pan. She may say she's just a boring student, but her collection of outfits on Lookbook are far from boring. With her fun and quirky style, influenced by Japanese styles like lolita, Michelle doesn't limit herself with labels, and is free as a bird.

If, like me, you can't get enough of Michelle's style, she also posts pictures of her clothes on her Tumblr, Space Android. So, let's get to know her.

Space Android

1. 你好, 米雪! What are three things we should know about you?

I love travelling to big cities, but I dont like going to tropical, beach places at all. It's so much more fun and interesting to explore the city, go shopping and see attractions instead of relaxing on the beach. I also recently became the PR manager of our university organisation/club, Verdande, which is a club for us few girl studying computer science here in our institute. So I have a pretty busy life between school, organisation work and my part-time job.

'This clock never moves' on LB

2. How has your style developed into what it is now?

In tenth grade I was the only girl my year that didn't wear any makeup, and I didn't really care too much about fashion. Everything kinda started when I became interested in emo fashion, which produced some is pretty fail and really embarrassing (but hilarious) outfits to look back at. I soon found out about manga, which presented me to Japanese fashion like lolita, decora and stuff like that, and joined the local J-fashion forum. I loved that forum, and still do even thought it was shut down some months ago, and I have no idea how my style would have been without it. And then my style just evolved from there.

I've said before that I don't usually really like lolita on real people on the streets, but I have to say that judging from the pictures on your Tumblr, you really do pull it off rather nicely.


3. What do you love about fashion?

The thing I love most about fashion is to come up with new outfits and clothing. It's the creativity and thoughts you put into the process, like finding out what pieces that will work together, and what would improve the look. For me, the most fun part is to make the outfit, not to wear it.

'Legs on Fire' on LB

4. Which of your looks is your personal favourite at the moment?

My favourite right now is probably my latest look, 'Legs on Fire', because I just adore those fire tights. I also like the mix of a cute peter pan collar dress and more tough fire tattoo tights. My other favorites are 'Dots and Argyle' and 'On a Trip', because I like to try out different styles all the time, but in the end it's always the outfits with simple dresses that are my favourites.

I especially love how you style your simple dresses up with knockout tights like those fiery ones - they are awesome, by the way.


5. What do you think of the street fashion where you live?

Most people here dress really casual, as I sometimes feel overdressed when I'm just wearing a nicer dress and heels, but there are also people who are the most fashionable ever. I would say most people are at least decent, and then there are some girl and boys that are amazing. Oslo isn't really the biggest capital in the world, but people here are pretty open-minded to different styles and fashion.

'Dots and Argyle' on LB

6. Where do you like to shop?

I usually shop in chain stores here in Norway, like H&M, Gina Tricot, Bik Bok and others, but I also buy from those Chinese sellers that have a lot of Asian-styled clothing on eBay. And then about once in a year I go to Hong Kong to have fun and shop a lot, because Hong Kong is the best place for shopping on Earth!


7. Who are your fashion icons?

It's hard to decide who's my fashion icon, because I don't really have a single person or brand as my icon. I usually find all my inspiration from different places on the internet.

'Bows and Lace' on LB

8. Tell us a little about your studies in computer science.

I'm starting on my second year this semester, and I think we are the best school in the world. It's a pretty nerdy institute, like it used to be Starcraft tournaments playing on big screen in our coffee bar/pub everyday (until the Starcraft players got chased away from taking too much space). It doesn't really get more nerdy than that I guess. Currently I'm in a group working on making a new activity for a children's museum, and we're going to deliver a prototype that we think will bring interaction and fun for their young guests.

I've always thought that in an alternate universe, I'd be one of those smelly blokes in video game t-shirts building computers and going to gaming tournaments. And the museum project sounds fascinating - working on something for children must be fun.

'Laces and Crosses' on LB

9. What do you see yourself doing, and where, in seven years' time?

I have no idea to be honest, because life is so unpredictable.


I know you've been busy so thank you for your time, Michelle. You're adorable and I love seeing the fantastic outfits you come up with, so keep them coming!

2 comments:

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...