Sunday, 16 September 2012

Home wallpapers

At the moment I have a cycle of three wallpapers on my desktop computer at home, and am immensely happy with them. In the privacy of my own computer room, I can afford to picker wallpapers which are a little brighter and more eyecatching. (If I catch you looking at my computer monitor at school, I will destroy you. In my mind.) Click resolutions for sources again.

Howl's Moving Castle
2700 x 1606
I came across this breathtaking watercolour while researching Miyazaki as part of my art exam. The films' plots are usually too random for me to really fall in love with Studio Ghibli, but I enjoy them all the same. My favourite is Princess Mononoke, though I quite like Howl's Moving Castle, and My Neighbour Totoro (which I watched the other week with my Wifey) is uneventful but adorable. Subbed, never dubbed - yeah, America is great at everything and rule the world and all that crap, but their voice actors need their mouths duct-taped shut. Permanently. Forever. And ever. And ever.


Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
1742 x 1089
Skyward Sword's art is spectacular - I like the style much better than Twilight Princess' and Ocarina of Time's. The sweeping vastness of the land above the clouds, emphasised by the fisheye distortion, makes for an epic painting. I have a poster of part of this scene on my bedroom wall. It was from the only Nintendo magazine I've ever bought. The magazine reads like a really long advert, but the two Zelda posters - the reason why I bought the thing in the first place - was worth the money.


Xenoblade Chronicles
1920 x 1080
This last one is obviously not watercolour like the others, but I love it to death. I can't be the only one who thinks this is a great wallpaper, because it's the background image of the official Xenoblade Chronicles character page on the Nintendo website. Xenoblade's art style is amazing too - it makes everyone beautiful, and because this game was translated by Brits - YAY - they all sound beautiful too. No crappy American whining and screaming that makes rivers of blood flow from my ears! The actual game's graphics are more than a little last decade, but it's a sacrifice worth making for the immense, explorer-friendly world the game is set in.

7 comments:

  1. thanks for dropping by at our blog, we are now following on gfc, we hope you will follow back! :)

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Howl's Moving Castle. And the scenery in the last picture is breathtaking! Unfortunately, my netbook here at home doesn't allow any background pictures. At school I always have ballet-related pictures as wallpapers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot get enough of Xenoblade. Everything about it, the scenery, the characters, the story, the music, is EPIC.

      Delete
  3. I love these, my wallpaper is currently a slideshow of my favourite animes :)

    Ninety2wo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have Sherlock on my laptop BG and at my old school my wallpapers were all Fullmetal Alchemist.

      Delete
  4. I was in a wallpaper rut until I saw this post! NOW I HAVE HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE ON MY DESKTOP, HEHEEHE.

    Thanks for bringing these to light! ಠᴗಠ

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! From Gaia, aren't you? I'm so glad you are using a wallpaper I found - spread the love! And the watercolours!

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...