Saturday, 29 September 2012

High-waisted skinny jeans

So at the moment I wear two pairs of jeans. I have some straight-cut 7 For All Mankind jeans I got for something like £14 from TK Maxx, and a pair of bootcut jeans from the sale racks of New Look several years ago.

Now, I'm contemplating the possibility of proper skinny skinny jeans, which are a lot easier to shove into boots. Though high-waisted stuff is in fashion, I also find high-waisted jeans a lot more comfortable too. I find myself especially partial the ones with an excessive amount of buttons...

Left to right:
|| River Island || Next || New Look ||
When making outfit sets, I had to be pretty picky with the footwear, because these jeans just seem to go with everything - boots, trainers, heels, the lot. For the following three sets, I used the jeans from Next, simply because the image was biggest. I actually tried them on in the shop and the material's very nice, unlike the crappy 'denim' of the skinnies I found at the adjacent New Look.

Jeans: Next
Hat: via Polyvore
Glasses: Ray-Ban, Asos
Shawl: Matalan
Top: Mango, John Lewis
Boots: Modcloth
"A bit of a granny hat, that one," Ginge said when I showed her this. Consequently I'm referring to this one as 'boho granny', with the hat and the glasses and the old lady shawl which I saw in Matalan. Those boots from Modcloth are just amazing, aren't they?


Jeans: Next
T-shirt: Valve
Jacket: Marc Jacobs, via Upscale Hype
Trainers: Ash, via Asos
Socks: Topshop
Wedge trainers is not normally my thing, but it's just a nod towards Soufflé Girl in that first Doctor Who episode of this series; I thought they looked cool on her. Perhaps you'll recognise the epic Portal Companion Cube t-shirt from an old wishlist post, and only I, the ultimate matching Nazi, would pair it with some cow socks.


Jeans: Next
Top: Oasis
Blazer: Blonde + Blonde, Bank
Wedges: Modcloth
Collar: Romwe
Some girl at school wore skinnies with a nude blazer and matching flat brogues, so this set is sort of inspired by her. Whoever she is. I fell in love with those wedges from Modcloth the moment I set eyes on them - the style, colour and textures are just perfect.

6 comments:

  1. I'm really no jeans-girl, but I also like high waisted pants. Much more comfortable, most of all in the colder seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit choices!

    www.thepretrender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits! I love skinny jeans i have to agree they go great with boots! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...