Friday, 31 August 2012

Necklace collection

I'll tell you a little secret - the way to tell if I'm putting effort into my appearance is to see if I'm wearing jewellery. If I'm wearing a dress, it doesn't mean I'm trying hard, because I wear dresses anyway.

For me, necklaces are the most convenient of all the types of jewellery. The longer ones dangle into things, but the short ones hardly get in the way at all.

So admire my artfully hung necklaces, though I forgot my One Ring in the first group picture, but I gave it a close-up with some other shorter necklaces in the next photo.

Top, left to right
Choker: Claire's
Treble clef: present from Isa
Gingerbread man: DIY
Bottom, left to right
Rosary: Claire's
Pocket watch: Clothes Show Live
Owl: present from Ginge
Hoop: Next
Cross: DIY

DIY necklaces, at a push
The cross was £1 from an indoor market, and I salvaged the silver beads from my school's art department. I knotted the cord in a way that makes it adjustable. I like to wear it really short like a choker, but I wear it long, too.

Knot tutorial
The knots I tied didn't have quite so many loops, but it's probably similar. I tug them tighter every now and again to make sure they don't undo themselves, as I cut the loose ends quite short.

'Don't you dare look out your window'
'Born and raised in a summer haze'
The gingerbread man I found on the ground on the way back from orchestra. It was so cute and shiny, I was overjoyed to find a similarly shiny metal chain which was a freebie from a W.i.t.c.h. magazine. W.i.t.c.h. is an Italian comic which I still think is really good, though I've never finished it, and haven't checked up about it for many years.

I think the One Ring needs very little explanation. Though forged in the fires of Mount Doom, I obtained mine via Argos. It came with a metal chain but I've put it on a cord so the soft gold plating will rub off slower, I hope.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie,
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

- The Lord of the Rings, by J. R. R. Tolkien

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful collection you have, I am very jealous.

    Plus I need that tartan dress, it's so pretty!
    t h e l o v e l y s h a d es o f p e p p e r b l o g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the tartan dress was a fab buy :D

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...