Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Everything In Between: Dana Lee

Ever since I discovered Dana Lee's Lookbook, I've admired her devil-may-care confidence and effortless attitude she exudes in her photos. She also proves the immense versatility of 8-hole Doc Martens, which feature in almost all of her looks. Dana is from the Philippines, but you can see her photography from places she goes, as well as her photoshoots, on her Tumblr.

Photos by Dana

1. Hello, Dana! What are three things we should know about you?

I am actually somewhat retired from blogging, but I started running a photo blog around last year in October in hope of becoming a photographer. I also starting being a competitive cheerleader for my school this year so I've been extremely busy balancing cheer and school work.

'This is what makes us girls' on LB

2. How has your style developed into what it is now?

It's developed quite a lot actually. I used wear a lot of flats and boring shirts, then I started wearing shorts with Doc Martens since I really love the shoes and wanted to get an edgy feel. Nowadays I stick to Nikes, shorts and maybe a sweater since my legs tend to get sore from cheering and it's easier to carry rubber shoes. I still love Doc Martens, though.

'Deathly Crosses' on LB

3. Doc Martens seem to be a staple in your wardrobe. What do you love about them?

I really love the style and how you can wear it with absolutely anything. It also gives a somewhat rebellious vibe to the outfit.

I do suspect you are partly responsible for my own recent purchase of Docs. They really do seem to look great with everything.


4. Which of your looks is your personal favourite at the moment?

Probably this one, 'Lost at Sea', because it makes me remember that day at the beach in Barcelona.

'Lost at Sea' on LB
5. Who are your fashion icons?

Freja Beha Erichsen - it's simple, but amazing. In general, I like how the Scandinavians dress.


6. What do you think of the street fashion where you live?

It's mostly very bright, colourful and complex. You'll hardly ever find the fashionistas wearing black or anything of a dark shade. Personally, I find it a bit too try-hard especially with the numerous accessories and hordes of colours. It's just my preference though since I'm more of a hipster kid.

I find it's similar in China - the general consensus is that more is more, and there's an overall tacky feel to the street fashion. There's always exceptions though.

'Black Simplicity' on LB

7. Where do you like to shop?

Zara, when I can afford it. Most of the time, I wait until I go abroad so I can get my hands on Cotton On and H&M. I also love vintage shopping though it's more of the leather jackets, band shirts and plaid shirts kind.


8. As a fellow Potter fan, what would be your favourite subject at Hogwarts?

Potions, because it's similar to baking and I love to bake.

'One night in Brooklyn' on LB

9. What do you see yourself doing, and where, in seven years' time?

I'll be twenty-three so that means I'd probably be getting a job in New York working in Wall Street doing business or doing something related to fashion and/or photography. I'm hoping it will be the latter over the former, though.


Thank you for your time, Dana - I'm loving your photography as well as your fashion, and it's been a pleasure having you here.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...