Sunday, 29 July 2012

Ugly Betty

One thing that always annoyed me about this series is how the title's a blatant lie. Betty's not ugly - she just has braces, big hair, and dresses like a nutcase. But in a good way.


Betty's style is a blindingly bold and clashingly colourful array prints and patterns, with belted waists, full skirts and that signature neon socks and heels combo. Of course it's not a look everyone would wear, but it's undeniably interesting to look at, and sort of grows on you after your eyes get over the first impact.


Polka-dots, leopard spots, flower prints or just random shapes, Betty is the fearless queen of pattern mixing. I love the bag with a bespectacled girl on it to match her own face - I think she's taking matching Nazi to a whole new level - and how her butterfly belt matches her socks and shoes combo above.



Her outfits are generally crazy, but there's always something that somehow ties it together - a matching black and white purse and shoes; a lemon yellow hat, gloves and bag; red glasses with red polka-dots. There's method in her madness.

Everyone's got something outrageously horrific in the depths of their wardrobes. Perhaps we should all dig around in ours and try some of Betty's 'kooky couture'?

9 comments:

  1. Trying to look like Betty might go horribly wrong :) It's almost too much for my taste, but her style strongly reminds me of Susie Lau, the well known blogger of Style Bubble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so so agree, it's not a look everyone can pull off, and not in every city either.

      Delete
  2. has to be my favourite series ever! <3 love her style!

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see more people dressed like her xD

      Delete
  3. I loved this show and never noticed Betty wore SOCKS with her pumps...my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wicked, right? Need to get some funky socks of my own.

      Delete
  4. I love Ugly Betty! I wish they'd do another series :'( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch it when it comes on TV whenever I can - I like how light-hearted it is.

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...