Sunday, 15 July 2012

New Girl

Meet the New Girl, Jess Day, protagonist of the so-named American sitcom played by Zooey Deschanel. I saw the adverts for its first series and chanced upon an episode, and it wasn't bad - Jess is cute. The second series I hear started airing in UK this week. I am reliably informed by Ginge, who likes to tumbl, that New Girl is all over that place. Perhaps it's a cult thing? That seems to be the explanation to a lot of things these days.

Strike a pose.
So, Jess' style is a lot of bold block colours and contrasting flat pumps for a quirky and, once considering her poses, mildly deranged look to match her manic free spirit. She often wears primary reds and blues, in that classic hourglass silhouette of a cinched waist and full skirt, and usually quite a short one!


These high-waisted skirts in bright polka-dots are a favourite of hers. I love the pattern on the middle skirt above, which combies some stripes into the mix too.


I really love this pale gold skirt (or is it a dress?) she's wearing above here - it's so poofy and at the length where you can tumble around and do anything, and isn't the shiny stripiness just beautiful? Jess wears it perfectly with warm oranges and pinks, with some contrasting blue flats, of course.


Jess seems to be able to rock more muted greens and purples too, but I absolutely want that transparent spotty brolley. When its raining you can have it right over your face and you still won't walk into lamp posts (any more than usual)!

Mint frills and sequins? Do want.
Exciting new American import, or just another manic pixie dream girl? I watched an episode, I liked it, but it's Jess' fun, fresh fashion I know I love.

7 comments:

  1. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her style is really cool! The mint dress is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need some ruffly skirt/petticoat :/

      Delete
  3. i love new girl too! :) try watch revenge! i'm also addicted with that series!

    anyway lets follow each other? and get know each other better :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! She always looks amazing :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. See more at #Unomatchshop
    Unomatch Shop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...