Thursday, 5 July 2012

Little Lady: Melda Auditia

At just fourteen years old, Melda Auditia is one of the youngest girls in the online fashion community I've come across. Nevertheless, all the way from Indonesia, Melda brings her simple, cool and refreshing style to her Lookbook, and shares her delicious-looking cooking exploits on her blog, Little Lady.

I especially like her blog's banner - just as I suspected, the illustration is by Melda herself, which explains its likeness to her! There's nothing as personal as using your own drawings in your blog layout.


1. Hello, Melda! What are three things we should know about you?

1. First of all, I'm only fourteen years old. I found out that a lot of people think that I'm over 17 years old.

2. Fashion is not my only passion. I'm interested in anything that involves art, like photography, scrap-booking, sketching, basic sculpting, and even culinary arts.

3. I'm so happy that I'm surrounded with all these amazing family and friends in my life. And I'm really thankful for that.


2. How has your style developed into what it is now?

My mum used to dress me up until I was in the fifth grade. I used to dress up very simple, in t-shirts and jeans or overalls most of the time. In the sixth grade, I started to pick my daily outfit by myself; there were times when I dressed up in Japanese street style and in a boyish kind of way. But I don't really stick to any style any more now; you can always find me wearing girly outfits, though sometimes you can also find me pulling off my Docs with an edgy outfit.

'Vanilla Scented' on LB

3. Which of your looks is your personal favourite at the moment?

My current favourite would be 'Vanilla Scented', but my all-time favourite is 'Free the Unicorn'.

In 'Vanilla Scented', I especially like your baby blue polka-dot shoes, and lovely floaty skirt!


4. What do you think of the street fashion where you live?

I can see that most of the people in Medan are dressing up in a modern-vintage way with colour-blocking outfits. I also noticed that nearly all shops here sell clothes like that.

Unfortunately though quite logically, the clothes we wear are usually dictated at least to some degree by what the shops are selling.

'Free the Unicorn' on LB

5. Where do you like to shop?

I seldom shop in Medan since the clothes in the shops here are pretty similar and everybody here is wearing something similar. Since I like to be different, I usually shop overseas. By far, Tokyo is my favorite place to shop. You can find almost everything there, either branded or unbranded in any range of price. The first place that I'll go when I arrive in Tokyo is Ginza, which has myriad of shops and boutiques. I like to shop in H&M, Topshop, Forever 21 and Zara.

One of my few travelling ambitions is to go to Japan one day - I hear the people there are very kind, and the island is rich with culture, both ancient and modern. I'll be sure to check Ginza out.

'Pink Alley' on LB

6. Do you play an instrument? What music do you like performing?

I do know how to play some musical instruments. I've been playing piano since I was in the fifth grade, now I'm in the third grade of my piano lessons. I can play a little bit of drum and guitar. But I'm not really good at them since I had stopped taking drum classes a few months ago. And I learnt how to play guitar when I was in the seventh grade in my music class; playing guitar was the main focus in that class.

I've always loved performing since I was a kid. There were times when I was playing a musical instrument on the stage while everybody was watching. I was the drum player in a band for a school event last year; it was a band made up of only girls. That was the first time I played drums in front of everybody at school. We were playing Viva la Gloria by Green Day. Besides performing with musical instruments, I also sing and partner dance in a group. I was the one who usually decided on the song to perform, came up with the dance steps, and then others would throw in their ideas too.

'Blue Rodeo' on LB

7. Your blog is so full of the most mouth-watering cakes, it always makes me hungry. What do you love about your culinary arts?

Hahaha, I guess that's a compliment. I just bake and cook whenever I have time. When it comes to culinary, I love making sweet foods like pastries or desserts. And I love making pastries or desserts with strawberries, especially strawberry panna cotta.


8. What do you see yourself doing, and where, in seven years' time?

Hmm, let's do the math. 14 + 7 = 21. By that time, I'll be twenty-one years old already. I'll probably live in Sydney, Australia, working as an accountant or a fashion stylist. I think by that time I would've gone through uni. And hopefully, I'll still be blogging about fashion!

'Strawberry Matcha' on LB

It's been lovely collaborating with you, Melda. Your style is truly charming, and I can't wait for more of your cake!

10 comments:

  1. Amazing! I don't even want to know how I dressed when I was that age...

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her style! i absoulutely loveeee Japanese street fashion, I wish America wasn't so dull! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post.
    Great intervieuw with pretty pictures!

    xx nonnatiwow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice interview :) thanks for ur comment on my blog, i replied there

    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfits are so cool! Love all of them, and love your hair as well!

    http://adollwithoutstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment!

    I absolutly love your first look! You got a great style! I am following u now. Check my new psot and let me know if you follow me back :)
    Love,
    http://inass-myfashion.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're just 14 and you already know how to style yourself. You're cute in your outfits :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...