Friday, 8 June 2012

A Trickle of Meaning: Ciara Baron

Finally I've time to interview someone again! Ciara Baron contacted me on seeing one of my adverts seeking interviewees, and I'm all too happy to feature her. With her creative and versatile style, this beautiful British blogger's Lookbook first caught my eye, and I don't follow many blogs, but A Trickle of Meaning made the cut for me, with its mix of college projects, photography and DIYs.


1. Hello, Ciara! What are three things we should know about you?

1. I adore animals. In fact, our entire family is animal mad. At my mum's house, where I live, we have two cats, a dog, a snake and a boatload of fish.

2. I really don't take much interest in music. I listen the the charts, but once I've heard a song a few times it irritates me, so I never download anything or buy CDs.

3. I'm terrified of what the future holds. I'm not very independent, and when I began college I was really scared. Likewise, I'm now frightened of the prospect of university and I keep putting off looking at any.

Some young people are bafflingly desperate to get away from their childhood and free themselves from their families. Nevertheless, as I fear it myself, I absolutely understand the terror of independence, responsibility and growing up in general.

'Dancing in the Blossom Rain' on A Trickle of Meaning

2. How has your style developed into what it is now?

I was dead set against taking interest in fashion until I was about eleven. I went through my emo, scene and indie stages, but now I just try to dress in a way that makes me comfortable and confident with myself. Sometimes I will be dressed in some slobby leggings and my Doc Martens, and sometimes you'll find me in a little tea dress with some elegant heels. It entirely depends on how I feel when I get up in the morning!

While I also admire the consistency of people with cohesive styles, I agree that it's so much easier being free and changeable.


3. Which of your looks is your personal favourite at the moment?

My most popular look by far has been 'Dancing in the Blossom Rain'. But my personal favourite is definitely 'Extraterrestrial'.

'Extraterrestrial' on A Trickle of Meaning

4. Who are your fashion icons?

I take a lot of inspiration from fellow bloggers. Style Rookie, of course, for her ability to dress however she wants, not caring what anyone on the street will think. Confidence is what makes an outfit. At the moment, I'm also loving Charlotte Clothier, Audrey Kitching, Megan Mcminn and Carrie from wishwishwish.


5. What do you think of the street fashion where you live?

I don't see a lot of individual street fashion where I live, which I find pretty disappointing! Although I did walk past a guy with a killer genuine punk leather jacket a few weeks ago.

'You're only as tall as your heart will let you be' on A Trickle of Meaning

6. Where do you like to shop?

If I go shopping in town I tend to get caught up in the pretty clothes in Zara and New Look. Lazy Oaf and the Ragged Priest are my favorite brands. But really, I prefer shopping in small online stores.  The idea of wearing something that's unique, and knowing I won't find anyone else in it makes me happy.


7. What's your favourite DIY in your wardrobe?

Last year I made myself a navy panelled skirt. I'm quite proud of it because it's the most complicated thing I've made for myself outside of college.

'Diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me' on A Trickle of Meaning

8. As an insight into your studies in fashion, tell us about a project you're doing or have done as part of your course.

My current project is titled Eccentric Olympics. The end product is going to be a photo shoot and magazine cover inspired by the Olympics. Through my research I chose to look at politics relating to London 2012, specifically the unfair ticket situation and ever-growing budget. My shoot is scheduled for this Friday, so I'm sure I'll be blogging the photos soon!

Alongside this project we're also designing and making skirts for the end of year fashion show. Model rehearsals start when we return from half term, so it's going to be pretty hectic.

That sounds like a fascinating project subject, mixing politics with art. I can't wait to see the results of your shoot, and good luck with the fashion show!

'I'm from the city where the rain won't cease' on A Trickle of Meaning

9. What do you see yourself doing, and where, in seven years' time?

Seven years is such a long, long time. I'll be going on twenty-four. Hopefully I'll have gone through uni and discovered what I really want to do with my life. Perhaps uni will have given me the independence I really need, and I'll be living in a lovely flat in Brighton or London. I hope I'll still be blogging about my personal style and daily adventures.


It's been a pleasure having you, Ciara - thank you for the interview, and I look forward to seeing more of your style and art!

4 comments:

  1. hehe, thank you so much sweetie!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and the interviews!
    Im already following you, if you like my blog follow me too: www.she-walkss.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me Ester <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...