Saturday, 30 June 2012

Old house

One of the most nutritious imaginations foods are big old houses: the not unpleasant scent of aged furniture, the muted light patiently fading the upholstery, and the fancied ghosts of residents long gone.

New rooms have been opened in the county house we like visiting, and I feel like I still haven't taken enough photos of it. The first time I went, I just happened not to bring the camera, and today we were in a rush, but we'll go there again.




My mind stages everything from fairytales to ghost stories in this versatile setting. There are also art and photography exhibitions of the Royal Family, and of the grounds, which are inspiring too.



9 comments:

  1. I understand what you say and feel about old buildings. I feel the same way. There is something mythical there. Like the memories, feelings and experiences of all the people who'd ever been there have lingered.

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Inanimate objects, whether they be houses or clothes or kitchen utensils, hold memories like you say.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I ADORE historic houses...that staircase, large windows...all so beautiful and the mass made houses today can't compare.

    http://doingmemindbodyandspirit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great details, I like the pic with the curtains!
    Please drop by xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my sis was laughing at me for taking photos of weird places but I find the faded threadbare curtains interesting xD

      Delete
  4. Brilliant post!!! :-) Said it before but great blog. Keeps me coming back for more! :-)

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooowww I love it!!

    Thanks for visit and comment on my blog
    kiss
    http://jourlejour-marie.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...