Monday, 18 June 2012

Lace-trimmed cycling shorts

Last week I struck upon the idea of sewing this wide lace trim I knew I had in my drawer to some cycling shorts, which I also already owned. With all the materials in my house already, there was no excuse for me not to DIY these lace-trimmed cycling shorts.


Surprisingly, I was inspired by Olivia Harrison; while I really like some of her looks, I don't dress like her in the slightest, but she's the most prominent person to me who's sported these shorts.

Nevertheless, I'm finding them very useful for layering under shorter dresses and skirts, as an extra precaution to preserve my modesty. Ironically, I had my doubts when thinking about what to wear them with, in case they would be mistaken for long underwear, which is not that modest... but but that's just me being weird, I hope.


Actually, I originally made them to go with the dress Ginge got me for my birthday, as it's quite short. I also recently discovered that it can be layered with my strappy black vest to make the neckline comfortably higher. The detail of the lace poking out the bottom of the dress is very pleasing, but I haven't got round to shooting it yet.
Click for LB
Unfortunately I can't wear them with shorts because I only had just enough lace to go round that part of my thigh, and it's not elastic. To help me get the tension right between the shorts and the lace, I stretched the shorts by inserting a magnifying glass inside the leg when sewing. It worked a treat.

5 comments:

  1. I don't really do excercise (and if I did, it would probably be in white lace dresses rather than sportswear) but those shorts almost made me re-consider. They look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress and boots in your last photo!
    Those look pretty great actually, wearing those pretty lace shorts uner floral skirts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; The dress is a present from my best friend :)

      Delete
  3. so cuuuteee :)

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...