Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Jubilee weekend


Our long weekend is over, but just before I get back to business trying to memorise a history textbook for my last wheelbarrowful of exams next week, I've a few photos to post up.

The last few bites of Sunday night's leg o' lamb
Our family spent the weekend at my sister Mir's place, where she made us a roast dinner. Hopefully that leg of lamb wasn't used as a murder weapon, like in Roald Dahl's short story. The next day mum and I went to town.

A rare ray of sunshine

I really enjoyed the Jubilee concert on Monday night, especially Alfie Boe of Les Miserables, and Stevie Wonder who I'd heard of but didn't really know. Cheryl Cole, on the other hand, sounded like she'd been stabbed at every 'need' of Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. I wanted to hear more of Barlow in the duet, who can actually sing, and while his partner was beautiful, couldn't he have picked someone easy on the ears as well as the eyes?

The next day, on the way home, we went to a park. You would never guess that I was standing on a tree stump in the middle of a bustling city.

Coat: Antoni & Alison, TK Maxx
Dress: Parisian, New Look
Skirt: Next
Tights: New Look
Socks: Primark
Boots: Rockport, TK Maxx
I hope you guys had a nice weekend too.

4 comments:

  1. I know the short story you're talking about, we read it in English class a month ago. I liked it (: Nice outfit by the way, it's cute.

    Please stop by some time,
    www.cupcakecuisine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dahl's short stories, but my favourite books of his are The Witches, The Twits and Boy, the first part of his autobiography. It's super interesting.
      Thanks! The coat was a headturner according to my mum xD

      Delete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...