Sunday, 3 June 2012

Garden party

It's all kicking off in UK, isn't it, what with the Olympics and Jubilee. And, to suddenly express my patriotism like everyone else in the country, what better idea than to fantasise about street parties and tea in the garden? By adding together some things I saw in town while shopping, and a little internet surfing, here are three outfits designed specifically for the sunshine we've been sadly but inevitably been denied this weekend.

Dress: River Island
Jacket: F&F, Tesco
Trainers: Dr. Seuss, Converse
 The dress caught my eye on a mannequin in the River Island window. I think it was wearing a denim jacket too, but this red one I saw in Tesco is a more interesting colour.

Headband: Favecrafts
Wedges: New Look
Dress: Matalan
 Somehow a Matalan catalogue found its way through our door, and I flicked through it. I love Matalan because the prices are pretty decent, and the clothes are good quality. There were a few nice things in there, but my favourite was this beautiful floaty high-low dress. I love the band of flowers in the middle.

Top: Warehouse
Shorts: Next
Socks: River Island
Boots: Doc Martens, Scorpio Shoes
Last time I went to Birmingham I tried on this beautiful, beautiful cream top just for fun. The photo really doesn't do it justice - the lace-up neckline and lace panels, and the way the fabric falls, are exquisite. Nevertheless, it's as much as I'd expect for a £50 top.


The weather is promised to be grim, but with two bank holidays in a row, one can't really complain. Have a nice long weekend, fellow countrymen.

2 comments:

  1. I love both of the dresses, especially the first River Island one- very British and Jubilee!

    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...