Thursday, 10 May 2012

"When the forest turns to jade"

Sometimes winterfying dresses intended for summer is quite difficult, but if the neckline is high enough for me to layer long-sleeved cotton tops underneath it, bung on a cardigan, layer up some tights and socks, and it's ready for UK's traditionally drab and chilly weather, still drab and chilly even in May.


Dress: Yumi, TK Maxx
Cardigan: Matalan, mum's wardrobe
Bag: 'Made in Italy', mum's cupboard
Tights: Tesco
Socks: Next
Boots: Safiya, China



This babydoll dress I think is still my favourite dress for summer, even though it's at that awkward length which is too long to make it a top, but long enough to completely cover the shorts I always wear under it. Nevertheless, due to the style of the dress, it never looks remotely risque despite its short length, which is excellent.

Last Saturday I discovered a silk granny scarf belonging to my mum. It is the perfect colour to match all my leather tan-coloured stuff, and my orange tights. And I like matching. Finding new things in the family wardrobe rewards me with a similar feeling to buying new clothes, except it doesn't cost me anything, which can only be a good thing.

3 comments:

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...