Sunday, 1 April 2012

Supermarket shopping list

Most people are going to have some degree of fashion snobbery, but given the huge range of bargain buys offered by ordinary supermarkets everywhere, I'm sure you'll agree that if you think you're above buying clothes from under the same roof as where you get your groceries, you're really missing out.


Dress: Tu, Sainsbury's
As Sainsbury's website seems to have forsaken clothes, I've no choice but to show you this amazing maxi dress I found for my sister last summer. With its colourful print, sewn-in slip, adjustable straps and frill details, it was a steal at £14, reduced from £28, which isn't unreasonable either. I know from owning it that it's the easiest thing in the world to style - bang on a wide belt, black cardi and chunky African necklace our cousin gave us, this dress is a knockout summer piece.

Cardigan: F&F, Tesco
This cotton cardigan was literally a headturner, as I took my routine walk through the clothes section to the grocery section. How adorable is that dragonfly print? The colour scheme of cream, black, pink and a touch of mint green makes it a soft but quirky statement cardi, and the lovely pink silver-rimmed buttons will deceive anyone into believing that it's far more expensive than £14.

Top: G:21, Asda
I'm personally warming more and more to the Peter Pan collar trend, and I especially love the crochet collar of this darling polka-dot top, which I'm sure would look lovely tucked into a skirt, or over white shorts in summer. The collar, print and little pocket detail all make this top well worth its £11, and the added advantage of buying supermarket brands is that not everyone bothers to even look there for clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...