Monday, 23 April 2012

Film songs

 Linkin Park - New Divide
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)


New Divide is one of those songs that I can't stop tapping my foot to even months and years after I first hear it. I watched fragments of the film when it broadcasted on TV once, but shiny robots and annoying protagonists can only hold me down on one channel for so long - after I got over the shininess, it was mind-numbing. New Divide, however, is moody yet intense, and I love it.


Leona Lewis - I See You
Avatar (2009)


I'm one of those people who hangs around at the end of the film to watch any interesting bits of the credits, and of course, to listen to the ending song. I thought the voice sounded familiar, and I'm quite impressed that Lewis sang the song for such a high-profile film. The melody I found a little weird at first with some odd key changes, but it the powerful vocals and tingliness makes for a lovely song. Nevertheless, I do think it falls victim to Lewis' poor diction!


MIKA - Kick Ass
Kick Ass (2010)


Like New Divide, I've loved this song for a long time. It's infectious, empowering and absolutely relevant, when the lyrics actually decide to make some sense. Work out who you are, find your niche, and you're free as you'll ever be. The film Kick Ass is probably my favourite recent superhero film too, because it's packed with personality, action, and brutally highlights humanity's dark side.


Taylor Swift feat. The Civil Wars - Safe and Sound
The Hunger Games (2012)


I had no idea this song was for the Hunger Games film until Swift suddenly found a mockingjay pin. I've not watched this film and probably never will, because I don't think I want someone else's interpretation of the books forced upon my imagination, which plays out the story like a film in my head anyway. This song is raspy, creepy and haunting, and I really quite like it.

1 comment:

  1. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK
    BLOGLOVIN
    TWITTER

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...