Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Doc Martens

Only in the past year or two have I been aware of the iconic lace-up boots, Doc Martens, since I've no knowledge of cultures and fashions long gone in UK. I remember my friend Ginge (who now has a Lookbook!) got some neon yellow ones from TK Maxx and was so proud of them, but I was completely unaware of the brand. Nevertheless, as I fell further into the fashion hole, how could I not notice?


While I know I like lace-up boots, and these LBers above look amazing in them, I'm not entirely sure whether I truly like DMs, in that I fear that fashion has influenced me to like them. Also, I've noticed that DMs most of the time don't look as good on people I see on the street in real life, or is that because they're not styling them in a way I like?

Anywho, on others I especially like DMs with dresses and skirts, especially layered with tights and socks like how Lua P. has, to really draw attention to the footwear. I usually dislike patent leather, and I definitely dislike white DMs, I found Johanne D.'s outfit's usage of them to be an exception.

It's mostly these 6-hole styles I find on LB, but some time I will have to compile a list of my favourite DMs, which will include 14-hole boots, a length that appeals to me more.

Since I don't possess any, pop over to Ginge's new LB to see those yellow DMs.
T-shirt: Scott Pilgrim, welovefine.com
Shorts: Topshop
Boots: Doc Martens, TK Maxx

5 comments:

  1. <3 thankies for the mention, love yous! - Ginge' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be lost without your blogger ;)

      Delete
  2. Love this post, the docs are just beautiful!Great blog...thank you very much for your comment!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool post! Great blog! Your posts keep me coming back for more - it's cos you're amazing!!! Have a great day and a brilliant weekend ahead! Looking forward to more posts from you!

    the-white-list.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...