Sunday, 15 April 2012

Arcadia

As I said before in my pizza post, for my birthday I received what I believe is a gift gard for shops belonging to the Arcadia group, which includes Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge and Warehouse. Half of these shops are miles away from me, and the other half I don't usually frequent, but I had a trawl through some of their websites.

Ring: Dorothy Perkins
In the actual shop in town, I found a nicer ring than this which was long and sparkly and flowery, but this one is cute too because it reminds me of star bits from Mario Galaxy, and star fragments from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.


Left: star bits from Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Right: star fragment from LoZ: Spirit Tracks (DS)


Dress: Dorothy Perkins
This little denim polka-dot dress is very cute, but quite pricey at £35, and I didn't find it in the shop when I had a look anyway.

Collar: Topshop
I usually steer clear of Topshop, but this thing is beautiful - I love the delicate beading and the soft colours. How could I, with the DIY dexterity of an undercooked sausage, hope to make such a thing myself? Nevertheless, I suspect it's an online-only item, which is tragic.

Dress: Topshop
The crisp oriental print of this dress is gorgeous, but the weird bar at the neck is a little superfluous, and it has one of those horrific black and gold zips at the back. Becky Bedbug mentioned this annoying trend some months ago, and I absolutely agree that it's a cruel, cruel way to kill a beautiful piece of clothing; it's so cruel, I haven't even the heart to show me/you the back of the above dress, and chose the picture with the dummy wearing it to cover it up.

So, after internet browsing and actually visiting a shop in town, I still have no idea what to spend the card on. For now, it will reside with my small fortune of book vouchers and gift cards.

6 comments:

  1. Well, its better to save it for something you really love anyway!
    Although its a shame that Oriental dress didn't work out. The print is gorgeous <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, why do people have to murder nice dresses like that? ;_;

      Delete
  2. Hey Sweety, Amazing, i found your Blog and i like it! Great inspiration, with lovely Photos. I follow you, i hope you follow me back Honey (if you like) Big Kisses from Germany ;******

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue dress and the collar!!
    Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog, I love yours!!

    xx

    http://justdailythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...