Thursday, 9 February 2012

Shorts and tights

Wow, I had no idea how difficult it'd be to find 6 looks I like enough to talk about! But I've persevered to dig up what I think are some awesome looks utilising the infamous shorts and tights combo.

|| Nancy Z. || Zoe S. || Dana L. ||

Wearing shorts with tights admittedly takes a little getting used to, since the very nature of the combination is somewhat oxymoronic. When I try it, which isn't as often as I'd like, I am thinking, 'am I cold, or am I hot?'

But despite its impracticality, I still think it's a great way to dress up during the colder months, and show off a bit of leg. If you layer some long socks with them, you're even warmer, and should get some points for creativity too.

I can't really think of any 'rules' to help one rock this look, except just try it out, with shoes and all, in front of a mirror and see if it looks 'right'. I think it's easiest with evenly washed dark denim shorts, as they're quite versatile in colour and go well with the staple black tights.


 
Click for LB

I personally only possess 2 pairs that lend themselves to this trend. I'm most comfortable wearing it with boots to cover up a bit of leg, and to show the boots off, too. I also prefer wearing shorts with slightly more translucent tights, 40 denier for example, so it doesn't look so heavy. I have, however, recently purchased some lovely thick grey tights from Tesco, which I will have to try with shorts some day.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I´m following you now :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shorts especially with high heels
    I guess it deffo makes the legs longer;)

    http://helendushko.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this really is one of my favourite trends in the winter. it looks amazing with a pair of boots!

    -Jennifer, www.femmebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, which is especially great because I love winter boots so much xP Thanks!

      Delete
  4. This is something I definitely don't wear enough. I like the look and lord knows I loooooooove tights, but I often forget to even consider shorts when I'm get dressed in the morning. Thanks for the post. I feel re-invigorated to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shorts often slip my mind in winter too! Glad to remind you of it, and thanks for this lovely comment ♥

      Delete
  5. I can't wear shorts without tights, I hate my bare legs. So I rarely wear shorts in any case

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...