Thursday, 23 February 2012

"It's floating down from your sky"

On Sunday morning, there was the slightest dusting of snow, which I was lucky enough to enjoy since I woke up so early that day. I was rewarded with a whole Sunday of the most glorious sunshine after a whole day of rain on Saturday. Since then, the sky's returned to its normal drab, grey state, though the temperature is considerably higher.

Cardi: mum's wardrobe
Dress: New Look
Skirt: Malvin, TK Maxx
Tights: Pretty Polly, TK Maxx
Boots: Clarks
Coat: Tesco

Dress: New Look
Lace skirt: Malvin, TK Maxx
Quite similar to a previous look of mine, I've winterfied this dress by whacking on my boots, which are almost half as old as I am, wearing a long-sleeved cotton top inside, and nicking my mum's warm wool cardigan. Also, I've slipped on my lovely lace skirt as an underskirt, to give the dress a little more shape, keep my thighs just a little warmer, and add this delightful frilly lace detail to the dress.

I've got a post on lace skirts in the works, which will hopefully follow soon!

8 comments:

  1. I've seen all of your outfits here..
    oh my gosh! love it ! really!
    i love how you wear your dress match it with boots and tights.
    I think tights and boots doesn't look good on me :( maybe because my legs are not as skinny as yours and I'm petite, so I don't think boots are the perfect footwear for me, even though i like it.

    anyway, followed you :)
    love your looks, so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame boots aren't right for you - I practically live in them, through autumn, winter and spring! Thanks for commenting and following ^_^

      Delete
  2. That dress is adorable, I love that you added the little lace frill; too cute! Boots and tights are my favorite things in the winter, I wear them almost every day.

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I practically live in boots all autumn/winter/spring too!

      Delete
  3. Love your dress with the purple tights! Thanks for the sweet comment. We should follow each other :)

    sweetsavvystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your outfit. the purple tights are so pretty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love having whacky-coloured legs. I've got a post on opaque tights lined up too.

      Delete
  5. Great colors!
    I love the flower pattern, really sweet!
    Great blog :)

    http://fromyclosetwithlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...