Saturday, 11 February 2012

Frozen canal

In order to soak up the first watery winter sun we've seen in over a week, we went for a walk along the canal. The path was encrusted with the leftovers of last weekend's snow, probably partially melted and refrozen many times. A lot of the surface of the canal was frozen over; some parts of the ice, we speculated, were probably thick enough for a slender person to crawl across. (Not that we tried.)


There were these odd patterns, like transparent rivers, trickling from the banks and from floating oddities in the water. I'm not quite sure how they formed but they also looked like trees.

I would have taken more photos, but it turns out that my half an hour of looking for the big DSLR camera was wasted - Mir sneakily nabbed it last time they came over. I can't help but feel a little annoyed, but I really shouldn't, because technically it's hers anyway. I may know nought about photography, but even I and my non-existent knowledge can dazzlingly deduce that the big DSLR Canon is more effective than the little point and shoot I have beside me. I will, however, make do in the mean time.

1 comment:

Thank you ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...